Security Integrators: Bob Dylan, RMR Success, and Mobile Credentials
“Come gather ’round, people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You’ll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you is worth savin’
And you better start swimmin’
Or you’ll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin’”
Bob said it best, when the waters around you have grown, you’ve got to start swimming. What if you were given a canoe? You could do more than just survive, you can thrive in the water.
The water is the growing pool of access control needs and demands from multiple new types of users who are used to new technology. The canoe is mobile credentials enabled by cloud-based access control that you can sell to these audiences.
The great news is – this canoe is a recurring monthly revenue (RMR) generating machine. In an interview with SDM, Brivo’s President and CEO, Steve Van Till explained it well:
“The top two benefits cited by our integrators and dealers are meeting customer needs and use cases in the [Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)] world of today, and leading with more secure technology options.
For the security dealer or integrator, selling mobile credentials — which require little to no installation support — can be very profitable in building their RMR. Many of our dealers are selling mobile credentials for “mobile first” customers or as an add-on for customers as part of a phased migration path from legacy credentials.”
The times, they are a-changin’.
The people you are selling access control to want more and their stakeholders want more. In a poll of property managers one third of them said that mobile technology is the number-one way to improve facility management today.
Your customers want mobile technology for multiple reasons:
- Convenience: Their tenants already use their smartphone for almost everything else, now they can also open doors with it.
- Ease-of-use and management: The property manager can manage access and see what’s going on at their facility from their smartphone.
- Increased security: No cards to copy or clone. Mobile credentials include dual-factor authentication through pins/passwords and are less likely to be lost or stolen.
- Expense reduction: No missing cards to replace. Mobile credentials are easily revoked and reassigned if someone loses their phone or leaves the company.
- API Integrations: Access control can connect with existing applications to create a digital one-stop-shop for tenants or employees
YOU CAN SATISFY THIS ENTIRE WISH LIST FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS… and you can grow your business doing it.
You’re in a great place to be:
- The access control market is only about 25% saturated with mobile technology
- Millennials – who are generally smartphone reliant – are now a major part of the workforce and apartment communities
- Secure, particularly cyber secure technologies are top-of-mind
So start swimmin’. Seize this opportunity to sell what your customers are looking for and increase your RMR. Want to learn more about how to increase RMR to grow your business? Find out more here.